Wednesday, 9 January 2008

Define a prerequisites download location for Windows ClickOnce deployment

In a .NET Windows application, we can publish the application in a Internet web site and ask users to install it from a web page. One of the prerequisites of my application is .NET Framework 2.0. When I publish the installation files, I initially chose to download prerequisites files from vendors web site, but it didn't work.

Then I chose to download from a specific location, and the download was successful. Is there anything wrong with Microsoft's supporting website? The Microsoft website may be working fine, but our firewall setting could prevent us from downloading from an external website.

This makes me upload the .net Framwork installation package into our own website and then I am sure the downloading is guaranteed.

No comments: